EPTCON is a specialized contracting company that provides complete Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) of High Voltage electrical installations. Refurbishment and maintenance services also round out our portfolio and since our inception in 1998, EPTCON has successfully completed a multitude of challenging projects throughout Canada. EPTCON’s mission is to provide the highest quality, best in class service; professionally, honestly and ethically with the goal of complete customer satisfaction for a fair price. We establish lasting relationships with our customers by being flexible, exceeding our customer’s expectations, and continuously setting new standards of efficiency and effectiveness in safety and quality.
We are currently seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for our Cambridge, Ontario location.
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounts Payable Clerk is primarily responsible for supporting the accounting operations of the finance department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Creates & maintains vendor/customer accounts and work order files;
- Acts as a point of contact for vendors and customers;
- Files & maintains packing slips, matching them with vendor invoices;
- Enters vendor invoices and manual cheque payments into accounting software;
- Prepares cheque runs and manual cheques;
- Reconciles vendor statements;
- Files & maintains paid invoice records;
- Assists with purchase orders and requisitions;
- Provides reception and phone relief as required;
- Adheres to all Cormorant workplace policies, standards, procedures and safe work practices; and,
- Other duties & responsibilities as assigned.
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Efficient organizational skills with the ability to successfully manage competing priorities and deadlines;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of accounting software, preferably Sage Timberline;
- 2+ years of accounts payable experience is preferred; and,
- Experience in the electrical/construction industry is a definite asset.
Interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter including salary expectations via email@example.com. Please quote the job title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
EPTCON welcomes all qualified applicants including those who are designated group members – Women, Visible Minorities, Indigenous Persons and Persons with Disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If selected to participate in the recruitment selection and/or assessment process, please inform our Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.