EPTCON is a specialized contracting company that provides complete Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) of High Voltage electrical installations. Refurbishment and maintenance services also round out our portfolio and since our inception in 1998, EPTCON has successfully completed a multitude of challenging projects throughout Canada. EPTCON’s mission is to provide the highest quality, best in class service; professionally, honestly and ethically with the goal of complete customer satisfaction for a fair price. We establish lasting relationships with our customers by being flexible, exceeding our customer’s expectations, and continuously setting new standards of efficiency and effectiveness in safety and quality.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Assembler to join our team in Cambridge, Ontario!
Reporting to the Supervisor, the Electrical Assembler is responsible for completing parts assembly, installation and testing of wiring in our Modular Manufacturing facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Ability to read, interpret schematic drawings and specifications.
- Panel building: wiring protection relays and communication equipment, creating terminal block assemblies, installing labels as necessary.
- Install electrical equipment within modular buildings.
- Maintain inventory of stock & keeping shop stocked with proper materials
- Correct errors detected by testing/inspection.
- Assist technical services or external parties for performing FAT.
- Aid other departments as needed.
- Maintain a safe and organized work environment according to policies, procedures and safety regulations.
- Able to meet set goals and targets.
- Sort, pack, unpack material on the job shelves.
- Work with shipping and receiving to neatly prepare products for shipment.
- Load and unload material using material handling equipment including forklifts, overhead cranes.
- Knowledge of industry safety standards and willingness to use protective equipment.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and team-oriented environment
- Computer literacy, including working skills of Excel and e-mail.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work, good organizational skills, and time management skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Manual dexterity required to use hand tools and power tools.
- Overtime as required.
- Training available.
- Lifting or moving up to 50 lbs may be required.