OneLine Engineering is a specialized power system engineering services provider with years of demonstrated experience. We provide complete services from project conception to project energization. Our success comes from providing hands-on detailed engineering services to our clients on a long list of challenging substation and power system upgrade and greenfield projects. We provide comprehensive engineering and drawing packages with the high level of detail needed by the field forces to successfully complete their work. Working with our EPC partners for years, and receiving continuous feedback from them, we fully understand the quality of services needed to get the job done safely, on schedule, and on budget.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineering Technologist to join our team in St. Catharine’s, ON.
Associate or full certified member of the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (CET) preferred but not mandatory.
Electrical Engineering Technologist Diploma
T1 – Technologist Level 1 (Junior Level)
Generally 0 to 5 years work experience. Work is completed under close supervision from senior project staff. Starts development of skills listed below. Performs work according to company procedures.
T2 – Technologist Level 2 (Intermediate Level)
Generally 5 to 10 years work experience. Work is completed under minimum supervision from senior project staff. Performs a variety of defined project assignments in support of project engineering and commissioning activities. May provide technical advice and assistance to less experienced technologists and designers.
T3 – Technologist Level 3 (Senior Level)
Generally 10 plus years work experience. Work is completed under minimum supervision. Analyzes, provides recommendations and makes decisions related to technical problems. Provides technical support during commissioning and testing activities. Provides daily technical advice and assistance to less experienced technologists and designers. Verifies accuracy and adequacy of their work and the work of less experienced technologists and designers. May perform as a Project Manager and supervise directly or indirectly less experienced technologists and designers.
Note: The advancement between classification levels is determined based on the individual’s performance (technical and non-technical) and their continuous demonstration of the application and understanding of the skills listed below. The years of work experience are a general guideline only and are not the determining factor for advancement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop standard AutoCAD drawings including equipment layouts, details and sections, raceway layouts including duct banks and cable trenches, bill of materials, connection wiring diagrams, and cable schedules.
- Develop AutoCAD Electrical drawings, including single line diagrams, schematic diagrams, three-line diagrams, connection wiring diagrams, cable schedules, data base/drawing set-up and development of standard templates.
- 3D design experience or willingness to learn is preferred using software such as Autodesk Inventor and REVIT to develop drawings such as substation and control building layouts.
- Perform raceway fill calculations, cable tray loading calculations, cable selection and sizing, and other straight forward calculations using standard accepted formulae and manuals.
- Must become familiar with electrical codes and standards.
- Develop communications and SCADA architecture schemes, points lists, RTU, and HMI configuration files.
- Perform straight forward electrical system studies including grounding studies, cable ampacity studies, load flow and short circuit studies, arc flash studies and relay coordination studies using standard engineering software.
- Develop standard straight forward equipment and installation specifications.
- Perform site visits to gather technical data, meet directly with clients, and provide technical support during construction.
- Develop protection relay setting files and perform logic configuration of the relays,
- Perform testing and commissioning activities including point-to-point checking of relay panels, download relay and RTU files and power up relays for functional checking, troubleshoot technical problems, perform utility (IESO/HONI or other) telemetry testing, and set-up and test/troubleshoot substation communication, data networks and RTU units at site.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. OneLine welcomes all qualified applicants including those who are designated group members – Women, Visible Minorities, Indigenous Persons and Persons with Disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.