EPTCON is a specialized contracting company that provides complete Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) of High Voltage electrical installations. Refurbishment and maintenance services also round out our portfolio and since our inception in 1998, EPTCON has successfully completed a multitude of challenging projects throughout Canada. EPTCON’s mission is to provide the highest quality, best in class service; professionally, honestly and ethically with the goal of complete customer satisfaction for a fair price. We establish lasting relationships with our customers by being flexible, exceeding our customer’s expectations, and continuously setting new standards of efficiency and effectiveness in safety and quality.
We are currently seeking a Field Health & Safety Advisor for a project in Tilbury, Ontario.
As Field Health & Safety Advisor reporting to the Director of Health & Safety and the Project Manager, your primary responsibility will be to assist with ensuring and promoting compliance with occupational health and safety at the project site.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Assist with developing and lead the execution of a project-specific Health & Safety Program;
- Maintain the COR (Certificate of Recognition) program standards on the project.
- Maintain frequent communication with the Director of Health & Safety;
- Assist the Project Manager, Construction Manager and Site Supervision with job planning;
- Provide information to personnel on Health & Safety legislation standards;
- Conduct periodic project HSE inspections and monitor/evaluate crew safety performance;
- Perform and document workplace inspections;
- Prepare weekly health and safety performance statistics for the Director of Health & Safety;
- Participate in the site JH&SC;
- Identify (through the audit process) health and safety deficiencies and initiate corrective measures;
- Issue and circulate environmental/safety literature to enhance and maintain awareness;
- Deliver the Company/Project Health and Safety Orientation Program and assist with the rest of new hire onboarding as required;
- Conduct needs analysis and determine training of workers from indoctrination process;
- Assist in training site Health & Safety Representatives for crews;
- Assist in ensuring vehicle and equipment inspections are completed and documented;
- Participate in incident investigation reports to verify that root causes have been identified and corrective actions has been completed;
- Assist in Incident and Accident investigations including root cause analysis and accident prevention activities;
- Promote the company Health & Safety Program and Quality Management System;
- Assist with implementing and documenting health and safety education, awareness and training; and;
- Adhere to all company policies, standards, procedures and safe work practices.
- Post-secondary education, diploma or equivalent in occupational health and safety;
- 2-5 years of direct experience working in occupational health and safety, particularly in a project or construction environment;
- Experience working in high voltage transmission construction would be considered a strong asset;
- A working knowledge of legislation both provincially and federally;
- Must be willing to work on rotation at project sites in remote locations;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Proficiency in eCompliance and ISNetworld databases would be considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills;
- High attention to detail;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage time effectively in order to meet deadlines; and,
- Project may require periodic after hours and weekend work as needed.
Interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter including salary expectations via email@example.com. Please quote the job title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
EPTCON welcomes all qualified applicants including those who are designated group members – Women, Visible Minorities, Indigenous Persons and Persons with Disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If selected to participate in the recruitment selection and/or assessment process, please inform our Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
To learn more about EPTCON please visit our website at www.eptcon.com.