We want to ELECTRIFY your work experience!
The land on which we at EPTCON Ltd work is situated on the traditional lands of the Anishnawbe, Haudenosaunee and Neutral Peoples.
EPTCON Ltd. is a specialized contracting company that provides complete Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) of High Voltage electrical installations. Working with us, as a Heavy Duty Equipment Technician will make you a part of a strong team that is dedicated to providing best in class service throughout our industry!
Working at EPTCON Ltd. you will be in a business casual atmosphere where we have monthly employee events and celebrations. We are even a pet friendly environment with the occasional visitor.
The Heavy Duty Equipment Technician will be responsible for ensuring that all company heavy equipment (tracked heavy equipment, heavy trucks, dozers, excavators, backhoes, graders, loaders, etc.) are maintained in good working condition by inspecting, diagnosing, repairing and servicing the fleet in the field. Working from the manufacturers’ specifications, they will identify and repair problems in structural, mechanical, or hydraulic systems.
We’re looking at motivated individuals who will:
- Performs daily safety and maintenance checks;
- Interpret work orders and technical manuals;
- Keep equipment cleaned, lubricated and maintained;
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions;
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems;
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and ensure that the work done meets manufacturers’ specifications and legislated regulations;
- Input service reports;
- Maintenance and repair of vehicles and equipment may include:
o Internal combustion engines and components, both stationary and mobile
o Heavy Duty tracked equipment
o Ground engaging equipment and components
o Aerial Devices – Man lifts, Cranes, Digger Derricks
o Earth moving equipment
o Off-highway motor vehicles and trucks
o Towed off-highway vehicles and trailers
- Consult with Shop Supervisor and Lead Hand regarding all repairs and the extent of repairs necessary;
- Responsible to ensure all work is completed in a safe manner;
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques;
- Perform work in outdoor construction site settings as required;
- Adhere to all PowerTel policies, procedures and safe work practices; and,
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in heavy civil construction required;
- Journey-Certified Heavy Duty Mechanic/Interprovincial Red Seal Certification (310T /421A);
- Utility, Cummins, CAT National Crane, experience preferred;
- Must have a valid class DZ / 3 (or better) driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract;
- Experience interpreting electrical and hydraulic system schematics, as well as diagnosing and repairing electrical/hydraulic failures;
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong troubleshooting skills;
- Able to work independently or collaboratively with others as part of a team;
- Able to manage competing priorities in order to meet deadlines;
- Able to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced environment; and,
- Must work with a safety-minded approach, consistently meeting all safety requirements!
Interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter via email@example.com. Please quote the job title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cormorant values, respects, and leverages the differences and competences of all employees from a variety of different backgrounds. We recognize Canada’s diversity, beginning with our Indigenous Nations, as a source of pride and strength. At Cormorant, we are committed to Reconciliation through Call to Action #92 for businesses. All qualified applicants including Women, Visible Minorities, Indigenous Persons and Persons with Disabilities are invited to apply.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If selected to participate in the recruitment selection and/or assessment process, please inform our Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.