PowerTel Utilities Contractors Limited is one of Canada’s leading high voltage contractors offering services in transmission lines, substations and distribution systems including all phases from development to commissioning. PowerTel has achieved a long history of success from years of investment in industry-leading safety programs, quality management systems, personnel training, and equipment acquisition and maintenance.
We are currently seeking a Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic to join our team in Whitefish, ON.
|Anticipated Start Date:||Immediately|
|Type of Position:||Full Time|
|Reports to:||Fleet Maintenance Supervisor|
The Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic will be responsible for ensuring that all company heavy equipment (tracked heavy equipment, heavy trucks, dozers, excavators, backhoes, graders, loaders, etc.) are maintained in good working condition by inspecting, diagnosing, repairing, and servicing the fleet in the field. Working from the manufacturers’ specifications, they will identify and repair problems in structural, mechanical, or hydraulic systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs daily safety and maintenance checks;
- Interpret work orders and technical manuals;
- Keep equipment cleaned, lubricated, and maintained;
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions;
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems;
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and ensure that the work done meets manufacturers’ specifications and legislated regulations;
- Input service reports;
- Maintenance and repair of vehicles and equipment may include:
- Internal combustion engines and components, both stationary and mobile
- Heavy Duty tracked equipment
- Ground engaging equipment and components
- Aerial Devices – Man lifts, Cranes, Digger Derricks
- Earthmoving equipment
- Off-highway motor vehicles and trucks
- Towed off-highway vehicles and trailers
- Consult with Shop Foreperson regarding all repairs and the extent of repairs necessary;
- Responsible to ensure all work is completed in a safe manner;
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques;
- Perform work in outdoor construction site settings as required;
- Adhere to all PowerTel policies, procedures, and safe work practices; and,
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in heavy civil construction required;
- Journey-Certified Heavy Duty Mechanic/Interprovincial Red Seal Certification (310T /421A);
- Utility, Cummins, CAT National Crane, experience preferred;
- Experience working with PowerTraxx® machines is a strong asset;
- Must have a valid class DZ / 3 (or better) driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract;
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong troubleshooting skills;
- Able to work independently or collaboratively with others as part of a team;
- Able to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced environment; and,
- Must work with a safety-minded approach, consistently meeting all safety requirements.
Interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the job title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. PowerTel welcomes all qualified applicants including those who are designated group members – Women, Visible Minorities, Indigenous Persons, and Persons with Disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.