Cormorant Utility Services is a specialized utility services company that provides complete high voltage engineering, procurement, construction (EPC), modular fabrication of protection & control buildings (P&C), and asset lifecycle services. As a COR certified member, our single priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of all our employees, customers, and work sites. We foster a culture of openness, trust, and mutual respect for our peers. We perform our services with the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
We are currently seeking Junior and Senior Technologists to support projects in various locations across the country.
These are term positions with an opportunity to transition to full-time. You are a highly motivated team player assisting the Technical Services team in the planning and delivery of power system services at various customer sites.
- Perform field testing and programming of various protection relays used in the power industry;
- Maintain or Commission Power transmission, substation and distribution equipment, i.e. Power Transformers, Circuit Breakers, HV Switches and breaker, GIS switchgear etc.;
- Interpret electrical AC & DC schematics, AC three-line and single lines;
- Apply knowledge of NETA codes and standards used in the testing industry;
- Plan and deliver projects within budget and schedule;
- Have an understanding of related electrical safety principles;
- Be safety conscious and gain knowledge in Electrical Safety Awareness;
- A three (3) year Electrical Engineering Technology diploma or Engineering degree with focus in Power Systems;
- Related industry experience considered an asset;
- Valid Class G Driver’s License;
- Excellent organization and time management skills;
- A self-starting personality able to work individually or as part of a high functioning team committed to the success of the organization;
- Exceptional technical, analytical and numerical skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Commitment to customer satisfaction; and,
- A willingness to learn and grow by undertaking hands-on site
- Will be required to work in an outdoor substation environment;
- Flexibility to work on-call hours to respond to customer emergencies;
- Willing to travel for out of town on projects; and
- Physically fit to lift and carry electrical test
Cormorant Utility Services will provide a comprehensive, highly competitive benefits plan, overtime compensation, a flexible work environment, professional and personal development opportunities, an energetic, positive work atmosphere and the opportunity to be part of a growing organization with potential for career advancement opportunities.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We request that you do not contact our organization by phone. We welcome all qualified applicants including those who are designated group members – Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals, and Persons with Disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To learn more about Cormorant Utility Services please visit our website at www.cormorantutility.com