OneLine Engineering is a specialized power system engineering services provider with years of demonstrated experience. We provide complete services from project conception to project energization. Our success comes from providing hands-on detailed engineering services to our clients on a long list of challenging substation and power system upgrade and greenfield projects. We provide comprehensive engineering and drawing packages with the high level of detail needed by the field forces to successfully complete their work. Working with our EPC partners for years, and receiving continuous feedback from them, we fully understand the quality of services needed to get the job done safely, on schedule, and on budget.
We are currently seeking a Principal Electrical Engineer to join our team in St. Catharine’s, ON.
Must be licensed to practice with the Professional Engineers of Ontario as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.)
Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Electrical Engineering majoring in Electrical Power Systems or MSc. with extensive Project Management experience in the electrical power industry
This position requires extensive experience in the management of projects within the discipline of electrical power systems engineering, MV/HV substation design and related subjects. Generally, 10 plus years work experience. Completes assignments independently and without supervision. Requires knowledge of more than one field of engineering or a high degree of expertise in his chosen field of specialization. Participates in short- and long-range planning; makes independent decisions on work methods and procedures within an overall program. Demonstrates sound judgment, originality, ingenuity, and in-depth engineering knowledge of principles for devising practical and economical solutions to engineering problems. Reviews and verifies accuracy and adequacy of the work of engineers under his supervision. Participates in the scheduling and organization of engineering projects. Mentors and trains other less experienced engineers, technologists and designers. Reviews, approves and stamp engineering drawings. May assume the responsibilities of a Project Manager and supervise a team of engineers, technologists and designers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ample experience in engineering supervision, management, and administration.
- Direct, supervise and mentor project managers, project engineers, and support staff in project management.
- Develops and oversees company technical standards used by engineers and designers.
- Makes effective use of Company’s resources to organize successful and appropriate project teams and monitors their performance.
- Nurture communication and resolve conflicts effectively.
- Identify, define, and accommodate the needs of clients and the organization.
- Review request for proposals, assess benefits and risks and recommend go/no go strategy.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of proposals, man hour estimates, and schedules to ensure proper response to client’s requirements and financial viability of the proposed assignment.
- Ensure timely completion of OLE’s projects and assignments within budget and scheduled targets.
- Optimize the use of human and equipment resources to accomplish projects and assignments.
- Ensure project managers follow and enforce OLE’s Quality Management System to satisfy ISO 9001 requirements and participate in the continual evolution of OLE’s QMS.
- Maintain close contact with OLE’s clients, obtain feedback on customer satisfaction and resolve customer complaints.
- Participate in annual performance evaluations.
Interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. OneLine welcomes all qualified applicants including those who are designated group members – Women, Visible Minorities, Indigenous Persons and Persons with Disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To learn more about OneLine Engineering please visit our website at http://www.onelineeng.com.