Cormorant Utility Services is a specialized utility services company that provides complete high voltage engineering, procurement, construction (EPC), modular fabrication of protection & control buildings (P&C) and asset lifecycle services. As a COR certified member, our single priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of all our employees, customers, and work sites. We foster a culture of openness, trust and mutual respect for our peers. We perform our services with the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
We are currently seeking Project Development Engineers to support with projects in various locations across the country. The positions will split time between project sites and offices in Nova Scotia and Ontario.
You are a highly motivated team player assisting the Construction and Shared Services teams in the planning and delivery of projects at various customer sites.
- Work closely with project managers and operations;
- Regularly attend site meetings;
- Review and perform quantity take-offs on construction drawings;
- Establish work breakdown structure and rules of credit for measuring construction progress;
- Develop initial schedules at the estimating phase of projects;
- Transfer initial schedules to execution schedules when awarded contracts;
- Perform schedule analysis and develop progress S-curves, personnel and equipment forecasts;
- Develop detailed project budgets, cost reports and dashboards;
- Track site progress, actual hours and accrued costs;
- Track purchase orders and subcontract orders;
- Analyze earned, actual, estimated and accrued hours, cost and progress against the baseline;
- Forecast future project revenues, costs and cash-flows;
- Compile change orders incurred on the project;
- Review the impacts and offer solutions to site issues with respect to cost, schedule and cash flow;
- Maintain comprehensive project risk register;
- Compile key project cost data and lessons learned for future estimates.
- Experience in estimating and project controls using Primavera P6;
- Knowledge and experience in the high voltage electrical construction industry;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is considered an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills;
- High attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask and manage time effectively in order to meet deadlines;
- Self-starter and able to work in a team atmosphere;
- Strong leadership and delegation skills;
- Problem solving and root cause analysis skills;
- Valid Driver’s License;
- Commitment to customer satisfaction; and,
- A willingness to learn and grow by undertaking hands-on site
- The work will be split between the office (Ontario or Nova Scotia) and between project sites. The successful candidate will be willing to travel regularly to various project sites.
Cormorant Utility Services will provide a comprehensive, highly competitive benefits plan, overtime compensation, a flexible work environment, professional and personal development opportunities, an energetic, positive work atmosphere and the opportunity to be part of a growing organization with potential for career advancement opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We request that you do not contact our organization by phone. We welcome all qualified applicants including those who are designated group members – Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals, and Persons with Disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To learn more about Cormorant Utility Services please visit our website at www.cormorantutility.com