The Cormorant Utility Services Group of Companies provides comprehensive solutions to the utility power sector. At the core of the success of our companies is our most trusted resource, our people and their ongoing commitment to safety and quality in every aspect of our work. We are excited to announce that we are seeking the following new member to join our team in Cambridge, Ontario:
As Purchaser your primary responsibility is to procure and ensure delivery of project materials at a favourable cost, in efficient quantities and consistent with the company’s standards of quality. You will work closely under the Director of Procurement and Project Controls to support project demands, support project planning and make ongoing recommendations for process improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Source materials, tooling, safety supplies, general and specialized equipment, and parts for equipment;
- Verify purchase requests sourced by colleagues by comparing items requested to master list, clarify unclear items and recommend alternatives where necessary by obtaining recommendations from suppliers;
- Support project teams by obtaining details on material installations and assist in monitoring inventory;
- Review and interpret engineering drawings and specifications;
- Send requests for quotation, consult with suppliers and review quotations;
- Establish accounts with vendors;
- Prepare purchase orders from successful quotes including all details required (specifications, price, shipping details, delivery and terms, accounting information);
- Establish and execute logistics of delivery schedules, monitor progress, expedite deliveries and inform project management, clients and suppliers to resolve any issues;
- Working with shipping/receiving function, Verify receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered;
- Coordinate with accounting team and project management team to troubleshoot purchase order and invoice discrepancies;
- Organize and maintain computerized records containing vendor information;
- Complete Vendor Review process and documentation as outlined in ISO 9001:2015
- Respond to internal inquiries regarding requisitions, purchase orders, contracts and pricing information; and,
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Direct experience working in a purchasing role;
- A working knowledge of procurement laws and purchasing procedures;
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel;
- Experience with Procore an asset
- Experience with accounting software, preferably Sage;
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong negotiating skills;
- High attention to detail;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities effectively in order to meet deadlines; and,
- Experience in the electrical and/or construction industry would be considered an asset.
CORMORANT offers an excellent working environment, competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please do not contact our organization by phone.
CORMORANT welcomes all qualified applicants including those who are designated group members – Women, Visible Minorities, First Nations and Persons with Disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If selected to participate in the recruitment selection and/or assessment process, please inform our Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.