The Cormorant Utility Services Group of Companies provides comprehensive solutions to the utility power sector. At the core of the success of our companies is our most trusted resource, our people and their ongoing commitment to safety and quality in every aspect of our work. We are excited to announce that we are seeking the following new member to join our team in Quebec:
The primary purpose of the Quality Inspector will be to perform quality inspections as part of a team for the manufacturing and assembly of tower steel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow job plans and ensure the measurement of at least 10% of steel pieces being manufactured to confirm they meet the specification and inspecting 50% of the bundling to confirm that they are properly bundled (by tower type);
- Provide job feedback and project updates to the Working Foreman and Sub-Foreman;
- Take required photos and complete reporting as required;
- Participate in crew meetings as required;
- Adhere to all company and customer policies, standards, procedures and safe work practices; and,
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Completion of secondary school;
- Technical diploma or degree considered an asset;
- Powerline Technician Trade Certification is considered an asset;
- 5+ years of experience working in high voltage transmission powerline and substation construction;
- Experience with Quality Assurance/Quality Control inspections on steel tower projects; and,
- Must be willing to travel as required for extended work shifts as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please do not contact our organization by phone.
CORMORANT welcomes all qualified applicants including those who are designated group members – Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If selected to participate in the recruitment selection and/or assessment process, please inform our Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.