|Reports To:||General Manager|
Under the supervision of the General Manager/Sales Manager, the Salesperson will work within a defined territory, and will be a professional, enthusiastic and motivated individual, highly skilled at building relationships and able to deal with virtually all business environments. With extensive heavy equipment/industry knowledge, responsibilities include all sales activities in assigned accounts plus generating new leads that promote the company and increase market share. As the first point of contact for all new clients and vendors, a high degree of premium customer service internally and externally is of the utmost importance. You are an active team player whom works well with all staff including the other departments and puts the needs of the customer first.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate within an agreed upon/defined Canadian & United States sales territory;
- Spec and design units to meet customer’s needs;
- Assist with/prepare quotations and public/government tenders;
- Obtain new customers either through provided leads or prospecting;
- Determine and respond to customer needs by asking questions and engaging in active listening;
- Involve the Sales Manager in all transactions;
- Prepare paperwork for account activations;
- Work with the service department and paint shop to ensure that vehicles are ready as expected and on schedule;
- Deliver vehicles to customers and build customer loyalty by ensuring that the customer understands the vehicle’s operating features, warranty and paperwork.
- Professionally interact with customers during normal business hours and after hours when necessary;
- Follow up with customers to verify satisfactory operation of vehicle;
- Attend sales meetings;
- Maintain accurate and efficient records;
- Work with the parts department to enhance and up sell vehicle sales and parts; and,
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years sales experience;
- Experience in a heavy/industrial equipment industry an asset;
- Proficient with computers including Microsoft Office Suite;
- Works effectively and efficiently in an unsupervised environment;
- Operates in a safe manner consistently, especially when under pressure;
- Presents in a positive and professional manner to colleagues and customers;
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions from co-workers, managers, customers and the general public; and,
- Has the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions and make sound recommendations.