PowerTel Utilities Contractors Limited is a proud member of the Cormorant Utility Services group of companies and one of Canada’s leading high voltage contractors offering services in transmission lines, substations and distribution systems including all phases from development to commissioning. PowerTel has achieved a long history of success from years of investment in industry-leading safety programs, quality management systems, personnel training and equipment acquisition and maintenance.
We are currently seeking a Summer Warehouse/Yard Assistant to join our team in Whitefish, ON.
|Anticipated Start Date:||July 5, 2021|
|Type of Position:||2 month contract with possibility of extension|
|Reports to:||Office Manager|
The Shop Assistant performs all general labour duties required by the Shop Supervisor in order to keep the garage and its mechanic operations safe, organized and functional.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pressure wash equipment including heavy equipment;
- Assist with function test and verification of various equipment;
- Clean and mop the lunchroom;
- Sweep and wash the shop floors and windows;
- Maintain an adequate inventory of shop supplies (water, cleaning supplies, etc.);
- Moving of boxes and parts;
- Receiving shipments;
- Unloading trucks;
- Organizing inventory
- Yard Clean up;
- Grass Cutting;
- Painting as required; and,
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Class G drivers license is required;
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs;
- Ability and willingness to work outside in all weather conditions; and,
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask and manage time effectively in order to meet deadlines.